11.26.2007

Fun Weekend

With our two families so close together, we try to split the holidays. Sometimes it works better than others. We went up to my parents on Wednesday and spent the afternoon doing all sorts of fun things. While Tom was taking a nap, my Mom and Ella made this house. I'm not sure whether to call it a haunted house, a thanksgiving house or a gingerbread house. Ella informed me that the cones out front are Christmas trees. Either way, it was fun. I think she ate more than actually ended up on the house, but I think that's the point. :)

Thanksgiving itself was successful. My parents made two HUGE turkeys, and ended up with a full one to spare, so we got to take home some yummy leftovers. I finally made pie from that pumpkin, and it was great! After dinner we went to my in-laws', where they were just getting started on their meal. I didn't eat anything, but Tom had like three more platefuls. I'm not sure where he stores it!

I have plenty to be grateful for at this, and every, time of year. Right now, I am feeling grateful for loving family and friends, and the gospel. I don't think life gets much better than this!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad you guys had fun. Sometimes I wish we lived closer to all our family but around holidays I don't envy your running around. Of course this Christmas is going to be crazy once Zach comes up because all of his family wants to see him too but they are so spread out...

Sara said...

TWO turkeys? Now that is a lot of turkey!

We also had to split the day. Dinner at Bart and Karen's and then dessert at my brothers house. It was a great day though.

Lisa C said...

Fun! It's always good to hear how happy my friends are!

Kristy said...

I love the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas house! And yes, it is all about eating most of the stuff. I wish I could store food like Tom apparently can! I was out of space after one scant plate of food. This darn baby takes up so much space. :)