12.10.2007

Movie Weekend

I'm not one for seeing movies in the theater. Not that I don't enjoy it, but I don't usually like to spend the money, when I could wait 6 months and buy it for the same price. But there are exceptions.

When I first heard that The Golden Compass was coming out, I thought it would be fun to take my brother Grant to see it, since he loved the books, and it came out the day after he got released from his mission.

We went opening day. I enjoyed the movie, but since I had read the book so recently I was a little disappointed in the discrepancies/exclusions. I know that they could not possibly include everything from the book in the movie, because there's just too much, but sometimes the things they change bug me. And this goes for all book-to-movie conversions.

Saturday, Tom and I had been planning on spending the day with my family, spending the night up in Kenmore, and attending church in Bothell 2nd Ward on Sunday. Saturday morning at 3:00 am, Tom woke up with the flu. Instead of totally canceling our plans, my family came and kidnapped the kids and I, and we left Tom in bed. Though I felt bad for not being able to be there to wait on him, I'm sure he got more rest and quiet than if we had stayed.

Saturday night I went ahead and spent the night at my parents, and Jon talked me into going to a movie I had never heard of--August Rush. It was soo good. My only regret is that I can't buy it right now and watch it again. I fully recommend that each on of you see it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hmmm, never heard of it. I'll have to look it up. Chad and I got movie passes from my niece for Christmas.