1.29.2008

Casserole, anyone?

I think I fail in the casserole department. I don't think I have any recipes for a stand-alone casserole. I have a couple of casserole-type dishes that I make, but they require rice or some other accompanying food to make a complete entree. My husband, on the other hand, is the casserole king.

Since we switched to 1:00 church, and I have choir afterwards, Tom has taken it on himself to make dinner on Sundays, for which I am excessively grateful. A couple of weeks ago I came home to a rice-refried bean casserole, last week it was a pasta-meatloaf casserole. He doesn't use recipes, he just takes whatever we have in the fridge and puts it together with a little of this and a little of that. And it tastes great! Part of that may be due to the fact that I didn't have to make it, but his casseroles truly are delicious in their own right.

This is a skill I need to develop. I can cook as long as I have a recipe, or at least a detailed idea from someone else, but beyond that, I'm lost.

Any recipes for yummy (or mediocre) casseroles?

No comments: