1.02.2008

Slacker!

I have been such a slacker recently. Tom has been home for the last two weeks, today was his first day back, and I have been enjoying it! It was a shock to the system to be plunged back into real life today. Christmas was wonderful, and so was New Year's. We spent lots of time with both my family and his this holiday season. It was especially fun to have Sarah and her family in town. I do miss Jon already, though. He is in the MTC for one more week, then it's off to Virginia.

Today I finally surrendered in my battle against my oven. I hate my oven. I have always had self-cleaning ovens, and only NOW do I appreciate that fully. I no longer have a self-cleaning oven. I finally bought oven cleaner today and cleaned it out, and let me tell you, it needed it! But this is not the only reason that I hate my oven. It only has one large burner. (Okay, that's the stove, but it's the same appliance.) It has three small ones. What am I going to do with THREE little burners?! I mean seriously. I thought two and two was standard, but apparently I'm wrong. Then, I can't pull the elements out to clean out under them. I have to tilt them up, then try to shimmy my hand through the tiny hole to wipe out the gunk. Along with neglecting the oven, I have been neglecting the drips and such under the cook top, in hopes that I might just get a new oven, but seeing as that's not so likely, I finally gave up and cleaned those too.

That's all for today.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I also miss not having a self-clean oven. Mine is a disaster right now that sorely needs cleaning. What cleaner did you use and would you recommend it?

Janelle said...

I used "easy off--fume free" and it worked fine. I have nothing to compare it to, though, since it's the only oven cleaner I have used.

Kristy said...

I love you, Nellibeans!