2.26.2008

And so it begins

Today was day one of week one of my Couch to 5K. My "run" consisted of a five minute warm up walk, some stretching, then jogging for 60 seconds, walking for 90 seconds, repeated for 20 minutes. I have to say, I am quite pleased with myself. I got up at 5:00 this morning (yes, I know) since that's really the only time that I'll be able to do this. Not only am I not a runner, but I am NOT a morning person. Today it was fairly easy to get up, but we'll see about Thursday.

5 comments:

Lisa C said...

5am! Wow! I got all dressed and ready to swim last night but then had complications getting a gym membership. My walk that I planned for 8am today (not as ambitious as you) was snowed out. They expect at least 10 inches today...yikes! In other words...you are still my inspiration :)

Dudley Family said...

Wow! Go Janelle! I am so impressed! I just talked Mike into buying me a treadmill, because I get in those same little weird moods like you do. I figure if I have a treadmill and set a goal, maybe I will accomplish it! Way to go! Keep up the good work (and do some for me too!!:)

Kristy said...

Oh, you are SO cool. Way to go!

Amanda said...

I'm leaving a comment so I'm not just a scary lurker : )

Way to go on the running. I soooo need to do that program.

Michelle said...

You can do it!!! Running is addicting and you'll love it! and races are the BEST!! Go Janelle!!