2.26.2008

My Sweet Grandpa


I got a call early this morning from my dad. My grandpa passed away at 3:30 this morning. While naturally the first reaction was of sadness and loss, the more I think about it, the more it seems a blessing. Grandpa has not been doing well. He's been in a nursing home for the last-?-over a year. The last time I saw him was Christmas of '06. Rico wasn't even born yet. While I am sad that Rico will never get to know his great-grandpa, I am glad that he is in a better place, and free from the pains of his life.

It seems easy and natural to me to believe in Heaven. It just feels right. I ache for people who do not have the knowledge that they can see their loved ones again.

I mourn, yes, but I rejoice, knowing that he is my grandfather eternally.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh, Nelli, I'm so sorry. It's so good to have that hope and knowledge.