2.14.2008

Slave or Goddess?

Some days I feel like a slave. Picking up toys that are scattered in every nook and cranny; changing diapers, only to have to change them again ten minutes later; doing dishes after they've been sitting for too long and have gotten all crusty; wiping banana mush off of Rico's face and hands, and out of his hair, and off his chair, and off the floor.

Other times I feel like a domestic Goddess. Like yesterday when I had soup simmering on the stove, rolls baking in the oven (both from scratch) and steak marinating in the fridge for dinner tonight. Or this morning when, by 8:00am, I had a load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer, the dishwasher was running and I was making pancakes (yes, from scratch) for Ella, who was playing nicely (for once) with Rico.

I wish it could always be the Goddess, but I guess then I wouldn't appreciate it, and neither would anyone else.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Bless your heart Megan, I am so sorry to hear that he has to go into surgery at such a young age. You and Tate will be in my prayers! I love you and know that you will come out of this a better family because of all you are going through!

Sarah said...

So... i am really not sure what just happened there... this was a comment that I left for Megan 2 weeks ago... weird!!!

I hear you though! I wish the days that ran that smoothly came more often!

Lisa C said...

What a perfect way to describe motherhood. I'll second the wish that the "goddess" days happened more often. Is there ever NOT food crusted on the ground under the high chair, though? Is it possible?

dlhardy said...

You've always been very observant girl! It's easier on the heart, somehow, to think of being a loving servant instead of a slave - that doesn't feel so hot EVER!

The Gunter Family said...

You took the words right out of my mouth! You made me smile. Thank you for the message yesterday. I didn't want to call and interrupt your V-day. What a thoughtful offer. Today is no good but maybe one day next week? Although your hubby has the week off so you will probably be busy. So no worries. We do need to get the kids together though. Averie misses Ella. :)

Kristy said...

Amen, Janelle! Now we just need to learn how to FEEL like goddesses even when nothing's going quite right!

Meagan said...

Hey! Dang girl, it has been forever. I hope you are doing well! I love your cute pics. Your kids are adorable. Where are you guys at now? Keep in touch!a

Aimee said...

I know exactly where you are coming from. Here's to a great Goddess day!