3.24.2008

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. Friday night we rented Becoming Jane--it was delightful, though I'm sure I enjoyed it much more than Tom. Saturday morning we spent cleaning, mowing the lawn, cutting hair, etc. Ella got her first haircut (a trim, really) and Henry his second. I was the only one not to get a hair cut, and I really need one. Oh well, I guess I'll have to learn to cut my own. :)













After the kids got up from naps, we headed up to Kirkland to hang out with Tom's parents and Will. His brother, Ben, and his wife and kids were there as well. WE had great food, great company, and lots of fun. Ella l o v e s Evann and Isaac, and it is so much fun to watch them interact.

Sunday morning was relaxing. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast (Ella has been requesting them every morning for the last month, it seems), got scalloped potatoes going in the crockpot, and leisurely got ready for church. Ella wanted her hair done just like mom (since I'm so cool,) but it didn't last long. She ended up with just the ribbon in her hair.
Church was great, as usual. I'm the choir director, and we did two numbers during sacrament meeting, and I was quite pleased. My parents came down and turned the ham on while we were at church (since, as you know, my oven is lame). We got home to delicious smells and wonderful people.

My Grandma and aunt Carolyn came up from Olympia and we had a fun time eating, conversing, and doing a little egg hunt. The best part was of course using my pretty pretty new plates and silverware--I'll have to take a picture--that I got as graduation presents from my parents and grandparents, respectively. We got to bed a little late, but it was well worth it!

5 comments:

Lisa C said...

fun! Are you going to the graduation ceremony in April? I'm going to be in Provo then if you are.

Kristy said...

What a beautiful family! Um, so, it seems like I remember this one time freshman year that you demonstrated your amazing hair-cutting skills on yourself. Yep, I'm pretty sure you cut your own hair.

Janelle said...

Lisa,
Unfortunately I will not be attending graduation. It would just me be flying down, walking by myself and flying home, and somehow that didn't seem worth a couple hundred bucks. Had I known you would be there...

Kristy,
Come on, Sterling did the back. I'm all for cutting the front, but there's the whole other half that has to look decent too!

Sarah said...

I was just showing off your mad hair skills to one of my friends the other day! What you can do with a few bobbie pins is just not normal! It is amazing! I am sure you will have the hair cutting thing down in no time! :)

Sarah said...

I just read your oven post for the first time and was going to comment there but I wasn't sure you would see it.....

The last two ovens I have had have actually only had one large burner... I don't know what is up with that but I don't like it. Mine is self cleaning but I have the same problem with cleaning the stove, having to cram my hands in there, it hurts and it is always gross no matter what I do. Good luck with that!