3.21.2008

I love the library!


Can I just tell all of you how much I love the library? When we moved here in August, I was excited that there was a library just a mile away--and a fairly flat mile at that--easily walking distance. Then, in September, it promptly closed for renovation. Aaaak! I guess it was just as good since I shouldn't have been reading anyway, but seriously. There is another decently close to Tom's work, and we would frequent that one semi-occasionally, but it was just not the same.

Lucky for me, the library opened March 8th, and it is BEAUTIFUL! There is so much open space, and big windows looking out on pretty pretty green trees, I love it! We stopped by Wednesday morning to pick up some books I had on hold, and we got there just in time for story time! Ella was in heaven.

But, really, I think the best thing about our library system is their website. I just go on there whenever I want and put books and movies on hold, and voila, I get an email when they're ready to pick up. I even get an email reminding me to turn them in a couple days before they're due. I can check the status of my holds, pay my late fees (which I don't do, but probably should), ask a librarian (anything I want), and even request library purchases. If that's not service, I don't know what is!

No comments: