4.30.2008

Party Time!

Sunday we were planning on having my parents over for dinner. Tom said he was going to be in charge of arranging everything, which I figured meant we would be celebrating my birthday (which is coming up this Thursday). We get out of church at four, and Tom takes the kids home while I stay for choir until 5:15. This Sunday, Ella was sick, so Tom actually took the kids home after sacrament meeting.

When Laura dropped me off after choir, my parent's car was in the driveway and the barbecue was smoking. When I walked in, not only were my parents, Grant, and Eric there, but my in-laws as well. My Grandma and Aunt Carolyn were on their way with Carolyn's fiancé Ed. The house was decked out with balloons and decorations.

After dinner was finished, I was ushered into our shed/storage area off the carport, where I was instructed to don a cap and gown and march around the house to "Pomp and Circumstance" playing through the windows. I entered the front door (which we never use) and had a seat in the middle of the living room for the "Graduation Ceremony." There was an impromptu choir number, speakers and prayers, and I was presented my degree. They even had me toss my cap. Then they sang Happy Birthday and we ate cake. I am so blessed to have such a loving family! Thank you!

3 comments:

The Gunter Family said...

That is of of the cutest things I have ever heard!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! You are a lucky lady! What a memory!

Lisa C said...

Hooray! I was hoping they would do something like that for you, but wow what a production!