5.05.2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Talk about a great birthday! I got to stretch my birthday out for almost a full week. It all started with the surprise birthday/graduation party (okay, I'll stop talking about that, finally) last Sunday. On Thursday (my actual birthday,) Tom came home after seminary before going to work (he usually just goes straight to work) to have breakfast with us. Laura picked me up for play group up at the church, and Boni and Kim had brought treats to celebrate, so thoughtful! Then Tom was home by four. We had a scrumptious dinner and played Scrabble (my favorite).

Friday, Tom had gotten subs for both seminary and school, (and didn't tell me about it until Thursday--what a great surprise!) so we slept in. Then we dropped the kids off at my in-laws for a sleep-over! This was a first (okay, Ella spent the night at my parent's when Rico was born, but that hardly counts.) That meant that we got the whole day to be together without having to rush, or worry about the kids, or listen to whiny kids, or get them home to bed on time, or anything! It was WONDERFUL! Thank you JoAnne!

We started by having lunch at Maggiano's Little Italy in Bellevue. Let me just say, I was a big fan. I got the chicken saltimbocca, and it was probably the best food I have ever eaten. I must find the recipe right away. Then we walked around Bellevue Square and I bought some earrings. It was so nice to relax and have nowhere to go and nothing to do. We did some other shopping and rented a movie. Lunch was so filling that we didn't end up eating dinner, just had some watermelon when we got home. Then we played Scrabble (yes, again) and watched a movie.

As nice as it was to be childless for 24 hours, I definitely missed them; they are so much a part of my life! I love my cute little kiddos! I don't know what I would do without them. Thank you again Richard and JoAnne for watching them, and thank you Tom for arranging it all behind my back! :) It was a perfect birthday!

3 comments:

Dudley Family said...

What a great husband! And a great birthday for you!!

joel and laura michelle said...

how fun!! next time you go to maggianos, you have to try the rigatoni D. oh my goodness ... wow. i'm not a huge pasta person and this was amazing!! happy birthday!

Sara said...

Great birthday! Happy belated birthday by the way.