6.13.2008

More Firsts for Ella

Last week at playgroup was a memorable one, for sure. I was unfortunately otherwise occupied (paying attention to Henry or something) and missed the following episode, but I have heard more than one account of it, so I feel justified in sharing it.

Peyton was sitting on his push-and-ride minding his own business when Ella ran up, out of the blue, and planted a kiss full on his mouth.His mother (M) watched the whole thing, and asked him "Did Ella just kiss you?"
P: "Yes"
M: "Did you like it?"
P: "Yes."

I tried to keep a straight face when I asked Ella later:
Me: "Did you kiss Peyton?"
E: "Yes"
Me: "Why did you do that?"
E: (as if it were completely obvious) "Because I like him."

Lovely. So if you are the mother of a little boy of Ella's acquaintance, you might want to keep your eye on them. :)

3 comments:

Dudley Family said...

That is so cute!!! My question is... How does Tom feel about this??? :)

The Strain's said...

LOL - geesh Janelle, what are you teaching at home? j/k lil kids are so cute. soon enough she will hate all boys because they have cooties!

Sara said...

Haha! Looks like you are going to have to keep an eye on her! I had a roommate at college who said she used to kiss all the boys in her class during recess. Oh boy!