7.08.2008

Back to real life

The unfortunate thing about vacations is that they all must end. Tom started summer school yesterday, and with homework and classes, and some extra work he's doing for next year's curriculum, all those half-days are looking a lot more like full days. And that means I'm back to full time mom. Not that I'm not a full time mom when he's home, but he takes on quite a bit of what is usually my responsibility so that I can rest and relax.

I hope that you all had a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July. I know we did. Tom's brother lives in Vancouver, WA, so we drove down there to spend the weekend. We went to a park on Salmon Creek with a man-made beach area that the kids adored--that is, Rico-man adored it, and Ella loved it until she tried to swim, by herself, with no flotation device. Tom saved her, but I think it will be a while before she's ready for water again.


Friday we drove down to Oregon to a campsite along the Columbia River. We stopped about halfway there to check out Multnomah Falls which was gorgeous. We camped at Viento State Park, which was nice, though I wouldn't recommend it, as it is located between the freeway and the train track, which does not make for easy sleeping. The kids loved hanging out with their cousins and grandparents. We didn't see any fireworks, which was fine by me, since both the kids were asleep before it was dark enough anyway.


On the drive home Saturday, Ella slept over half the time, so it went by much quicker than the way down. As much fun as we had, I was definitely glad to be home and back in my own bed, though the amount of laundry that can accumulate after camping is astounding.

3 comments:

Lisa C said...

Fun! I love the unique look of everything there. For example, that is definitely a Washington beach!

Kristy said...

So fun! And so gorgeous. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Sarah said...

Hey I like the swim suits!! (we have the same ones... imagine that...) I am glad you guys had fun!