7.18.2008

On a superfluity of couscous

So several (read: three) of you have asked about my extreme supply of couscous.

At some point in the recent past, my mom found couscous in bulk. (At Cost Plus World Market, if I recall correctly.) Seeing as you can usually only buy it in annoying little boxes, she decided to get me some as well. And when I say bulk, I mean a 25 lb. bag.

Now, I do like couscous, and was quite excited, but I don't have many recipes for couscous, and in all the cookbooks I have, I think couscous is mentioned like once, so I never know what to do with it. (Not to mention my husbands afore-mentioned dislike for the mess kids create with it.)

If any of you have tried and true (or even good-looking, whether or not you've tried it) recipes for couscous, I am always looking for more!

1 comment:

Stephanie Roth said...

I have a recipe (I've never eaten it, but Dan made it while I was out of town and said it was really good.) for curried lamb over couscous. And Dan said he thought it would be just fine with chicken or pork or beef instead of the lamb if you preferred. Anyways, if you want the recipe, let me know and I'll send it to you.