8.13.2008

Girl!!!

I am so excited for Ella to have little sister, and let me tell you, she is too. (Granted, I would have been plenty excited for Rico to get a brother, too.) For the first month she wanted a sister, then she was convinced it was a boy, but she has definitely been back on the girl side for a while now. And she has her vote for the name all picked out. She won't consider anything else.

I'm not huge into picking out and sharing names before the birth. Neither of the others were named before they were born, and Rico wasn't even named until the next day (even though he was born at 2:00 in the afternoon). Besides that, his name wasn't even one we had been considering. So don't expect to know a name anytime before you see pictures of the baby.

That said, I do love to hear ideas for names, so if you have some you love (and aren't planning on using, or don't mind sharing) send them my way.

13 comments:

Kristy said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I like the name Cookie, though I don't know how that works with your last name. You might have to save it for a dog. :)

Lisa C said...

Congratulations! My second favorite to "Ruth" right now, mostly because of the family significance of the name, is "Rosemary". I like that it has built in nicknames (Rose/Rosie) and is kind of classic, although it seems like you guys haven't been going for nickname-able names.

Lisa C said...

clarification: "ruth" has family significance, not Rosemary. Although "Rose" is a family name.

Mandee said...

I told you I'm always wrong.

Anyway, my favorite girl name right now is Audrey.

Good luck and congrats! Sisters are the best!

Jennifer said...

I love being right! Congratulations! It makes me sad that Kaila won't have a sister, but what can you do? Ella is a lucky girl. As for names, I have a friend that just named her daughter Bridget, spelled Brigette. I love Penelope and I think Penny is dang cute. Sara is also cute. All classic and not overused. I think they all fit in well with the other kids' names and they go well with Dudley. Good luck! Naming a child is such a big responsibility! I'm so happy she's a girl!

Janssen said...

Congratulations!!!! Sisters are the best!

Hol said...

Congrats on the girl. You are so right not wanting to name them until after they are born. I knew with Spencer and still waited to name him, but that was an option.

joel and laura michelle said...

congrats :)

The Strain's said...

congrats! i wanted a little girl but maybe next time... IF there is a next time... i've been totally fine all pregnancy but the past week he's been in my ribs and it kills to even breathe and he WONT MOVE!!! i'm getting really irratated and short tempered. 24 more days though... :) i cant wait!

i cant tell you my girl names, they are a secret :)

Jarom and Heidi Taylor said...

Congrats!!!!! That is super exciting!

Dudley Family said...

Congratulations! I think both your kids will do great with a baby sister!!

Sara said...

Yay for another girl!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I have no ideas for names...maybe Hannah or Addie :)