9.04.2008

Bad Mommy--also known as Raving Total Lunatic

So yesterday was one of those days when I wanted to hang my child upside-down by her toes in the back yard and leave her there. I didn't, don't worry, no need to call CPS--but I wanted to. I think she spent more time in her bedroom yesterday in time-out than she did all last week combined. And I'm sure she wasn't that much worse than usual--it was just my tolerance level. So why is it that some days I can be so patient and loving and understanding, and the next I'm ready to scream at every little thing?

My mood improved once Tom got home, but after dinner I let him play with the kids while I listened to soothing music on my mp3 player and did the dishes and folded laundry. Not the most relaxing thing, but it definitely helped. By the time it was time to put the kids to bed I was almost back to normal and today I have been quite civil with them both.

It's a good thing I have a husband who comes home every night and loves to help with the kids. Otherwise, I would go crazy very quickly--as demonstrated yesterday.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh....yeah. I totally feel your pain there. Wow, I love my Thomas, but wow, sometimes I feel a lot of animosity towards him. Motherhood is so complex. Good job not stringing her up.

Sara said...

Hmmm,we days like that too!