9.10.2008

Common Courtesy

I was just doing the dishes (from dinner last night, if you must know) while Ella and Rico were playing in her room listening to music (on a tape player--I'll bet your kids don't even know what a tape is, do they?). The tape ended and she came up and asked me in the sweetest voice, "Mom, when you are done washing the dishes, could you come start the music again, please?" It was so adorable to hear not only a polite request, but an awareness of my current occupation and understanding that her needs were not the only ones to be considered. How adorable can she be?

3 comments:

Mike and Tiffany said...

That is very sweet! I love moments like that!! The funny thing is, when they say it like that, you usually want to drop anything and everything and do whatever it is they want that very second!!! :) What a sweet girl!

Kristy said...

What a sweet girl! That is so advanced.

Sara said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job being a mommy. I love how polite she was in asking you for the music. Very cute!