10.29.2008

Ode to Costco

Now some of you may think I'm strange, but I am a die-hard Costco shopper. I love Costco. I go pretty much every week. My sister and I were just calculating last night, that even if I only bought one box of diapers there a month, (and nothing else) I would save almost $200 per year above the cost of the membership. And I buy more than that.

When we moved to our current locale, there was talk of a Costco opening in Covington, but no one really knew for sure when or exactly where, or even for sure if it was really happening. For those not familiar with the area, this is about 5 minutes from my house. So needless to say, I was hoping that these were more than just rumors.
And sure enough, before too long, there was a Costco going in right next to Fred Meyer, which is currently where I do my other (non-bulk) grocery shopping. I had to drive past it each week as I drove all the way to Federal Way (a 20 minute drive) to go to Costco, and each week I would eagerly monitor the progress.

I had heard earlier this year that they were hoping to be open for Christmas, but nothing official. A month or so ago, Tom came home, having driven past it, and mentioned they had a grand opening sign up--October 25th! HOORAY! It was probably a little pathetic to be so excited about a Costco, but I was.

And I am. Just yesterday we did our weekly shopping at our very own, brand-spankin'-new, Costco. And I was in heaven. Costco heaven. And it even had self checkout. I love self checkout.

So if you live in the area and haven't been, I fully recommend you go immediately. And if you're not a member, call me, and we'll go together. Next week. Or tomorrow, if you want.

4 comments:

Lisa C said...

That's awesome! Our nearest Costco is in Canada-like 2 hours away. Its very sad and we are now resigned to do our bulk shopping at Sam's Club. *sigh*. I LOVE the idea of a self-checkout at a Costco. That's the high life right there :)

Kimberly said...

As one Costco lover to another, congrats on the new Costco location!

I write a blog all about Costco and how much I love it (yes, I'm that much of a die hard fan) that you should check out for a variety of Costco information: www.AddictedToCostco.com.

Alicia said...

That's funny! We had the same thing happen here. We had Sam's and Costco--about 4 of them--about 20 minutes away, then a brand-spankin' new Costco opened in August about 7 or 8 minutes away. I cherish those 12 or 13 minutes.

Sara said...

You are so funny! It would be great to have you and Karen in the same room talking about Costco. She too loves Costco, which is good since she works there! (did you know that?)