11.16.2008

You thought I was kidding

For those of you who do not (*ahem*) religiously read all comments made on my blog, I thought this one was worth sharing. Some of you may have wondered why my brother Grant would disown me for listening to Christmas music, so here you go:

oh gosh, you guys make me sick. There is a reason that Christmas only comes once year....So I don't have to put up with the music for the rest of the year! I don't see you bustin' out my favorite music 3 months in advance of my birthday! I mean, if you want to be thinking about and celebrating Christ,I am all about that, but that DOES NOT mean that it has to be with Christmas music! I have lots and lots of other, talks, music, and books that bring a better spirit of Christ than all of the other glamorized and hyped up Shopko music combined to the millionth power.
Janelle, I just looked on my iTunes and I have around 2GB's of Christmas music....and that is after i cut out half the stuff that Dad had on there. I don't know why I even waste that space to hold the rest of it, but some small little part of me wants to have it when Christmas does come.

Now, contrary to popular belief, there is actually some Christmas music that I can listen to at any point of the year, but that is because it is actually good enough to stand on it's own 2 feet and not rely on the Holiday festivities to prop up what is otherwise a ridiculous song that inspires only the desire to find the creator and have them shot! Okay, okay, so most of the Christmas music isn't that bad, but some of it definitely falls into that category. But really, why would you want to listen to songs about reindeers and Santa Claus when...not there is not even a when on that statement, it should be "why would you ever want to listen to that?"

Well, I think I have ranted and raved long enough. Know that most of this is an extreme exaggeration of what I really think solely for your entertainment and enjoyment. But at the heart and soul of it I really do wonder why...

Grant

I would just like to point out that Josh Groban's CD includes such religious, Christ-centered songs as Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, Ave Maria, Angels We Have Heard on High, What Child is This?, the First Noel, It came upon a Midnight Clear, Panis Angelicus, and O Come all ye Faithful. That's 9 out of 13, thank you very much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear Ye, Hear Ye All Ye Readers of "A Penny For Your Thoughts":

I would just like to make it known that I did not authorize or sanction the posting of this article. Copyright laws have been infringed and the poster is notified that her actions will be brought to a court of law, in which my right and left arms will be known as "Law" and "Order." All others are advised to beware of their comments that they post on this site, for they might just be the next victim of this imposter of a blogger! Please take the necessary action(s) to protect yourselves and your families.

Sincerely,

Grant H. Hardy

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Law and Order will be gently wrapped around my daughter in an affectionate hug. It sounds like Grant is also seeking for others who would enjoy his warm embrace.
dad

The Strain's said...

LOL your family cracks me up! I love Christmas music too, I need to download some because mine all got deleted. Maybe it was Grant that deleted it off my 'fake-pod'.... Grant.....

My husband just hates Christmas all together - not the fact that its Baby Jesus's "birthday" but the mere fact that its so materialistic. he hates the music, (unless its hymns) he hates the trees, the stockings, the ornaments, the lights, the PRESENTS (oh dont you dare ever give him a gift). so needless to say, he is nicknamed SCROUGE at our house. I love Christmas!!!! YAH!!!