12.16.2008

Double your pleasure, double your fun

Friday night we came home to a message on our answering machine. One of the bishopric* members wanted to come meet with me. Let's be honest, the first thought on everyone's mind when they hear that is "new calling." I have to admit that I was a little surprised. Even though I've had my current calling (ward choir director) for over a year, I'm always hearing how they don't really have anyone to replace me.

But surprised or not, I'm always willing.

So when I was asked to be the first counselor in the Young Women's presidency, I readily accepted. I might not know what in the world I'm doing, but I'll do it happily. Since they hadn't mentioned an accompanying release, I asked. And I was told, "Well we don't really have a replacement, so what do you think?"

To be honest, I don't know what I think. I've never been in the Young Women's program (except as a young woman) and I've never been a mother of three before, and quite frankly I've never had two callings before. But there is a first time for everything, and this time the first times are coming all at once.

I'm so excited to start my new calling, and get to know the young women and other leaders. I really do enjoy my current calling, and I'm not sorry to be continuing. And I'm really excited to get this little girl out of my belly and into my arms.

I'm sure that the Lord will help it all work somehow!

*(For more information about wards, callings, bishoprics and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, see here)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh my, you are superwoman! I can hardly handle two kids and one YW calling, but knowing you, you'll rock the house.

Jennifer said...

I wouldn't worry if I were you. You'll be GREAT!

The Strain's said...

i cant believe they'd ask you to do BOTH, pregnant (and about to have a baby too!) with two kids already! being in YW is a pretty big job! man alive, MEN... they dont think do they? i wish you luck!