12.02.2008

Thanksgiving mumble jumble

I think I'm a little bit camera-disabled. We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We spent time with all sorts of family, and I didn't take a single picture, though I had my camera the whole time. Oh well.

I have so much to be grateful for! In addition to my wonderful husband, adorable children, snug little house, and relative health and comfort (it's all relative when you're pregnant), I have the gospel of Jesus Christ to guide my life and my daily actions.

For some reason, Thanksgiving didn't seem very important to me this year, probably because I have my sights set on Christmas. While Christmas is a good thing, Thanksgiving is also a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the family, friends, and other blessing in my life. But now that it's past, I can really focus on Christmas and the celebration of Christ and His life that is so important.

I'm sorry that my thoughts are so jumbled, but like everything else, I'll blame it on the pregnancy--only 3 weeks and 5 days left (till my due date).

Also, I just have to share this recipe. I made it last night when the missionaries came over for dinner, and as Tom said "I think this may be one of the best meals you've made." And it was dang easy, too!

New Year's Eve Chicken

10-12 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, thighs, etc.
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 cans any "cream of" soup
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Garlic Salt (I used garlic powder and some Johnny's Pork and Chicken seasoning)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2-2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 can whole olives, drained (Tom recommended that next time I slice the olives into smaller pieces, but I didn't mind them whole)

Arrange chicken in a 9x13. Okay. Stop right there. Who in the world can fit 10-12 pieces of chicken in a 9x13? No one I know. I used 4, count them FOUR frozen chicken breasts from Costco, and they filled the pan. So just use your judgment (and the number of people you are feeding) to guide you. Lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Combine remaining ingredients and cover the chicken. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Since my chicken was frozen, I allowed plenty of time. I think it took about 60-75 minutes, but I wasn't timing it so I can't be exact.

We had this with brown rice (the soup etc. made a great "gravy") and salad and it was scrumptious!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ooooh! I love the recipe. I will definitely be trying that one!!!

dlhardy said...

Thanks Nell, I was just wondering what to make for dinner tonight! I love you!