3.23.2009

Moniker Monday

{I've been thinking a lot about names recently. Baby names, sibling names, name meanings, reasons behind names, family names, famous names. But I can't boil it all down to one post. So I think I'll end up doing several, but I'll space them out so I don't drive you all crazy.}

Some names go together. Sonny and Cher. David and Jonathan. Bert and Ernie. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. If you have one, you need the other(s). There is a story that goes along with each set.

Other names go well together. Anna and Ethan. Blake and Brady. Linda and Lisa. The names sound good together, but don't have any significance (unless you know the twins I named).

But some otherwise great names should not go together. Evan and Elle. Say it out loud if you don't see what I mean.

Can you think of any others?

No comments: