5.11.2009

Staying the course

I just got back from the cardiologist with Louie.

She's gained over a pound this month, which is better than last time, but still not ideal. The meds she's been on are doing their job, but she still has a hole. We didn't do an ultrasound this time, so we don't know fore sure if the hole is getting smaller, but we'll see again next month.

The doctor emphasized again how amazing babies are. "If you or I had this," he told me, "we would feel like crap." But she's doing well, happy as a clam. There are a lot of complications that could occur, enlarged liver, extreme fatigue, difficulty breathing, etc. but none of that is going on, and she's looking good.

It would be nice if I had something definitive to say, but the most I can tell you is that we're going to keep on doing what we're doing and hoping that next month the hole is smaller.