6.25.2009

Converted

To gmail, that is.

When I first got married, I wanted to set up a gmail account, but you had to have a cell phone, and get a text to verify the account etc., etc., and I didn't have one, so I set up a hotmail account instead.

And it got the job done.

When I started blogging a year and a half (or so) ago (wow, has it really been that long?!) I obviously opened a google account. I soon added reader, and even use google calendar, docs and groups with my new calling. I played around with igoogle, but don't use it so much. But I wasn't ready to go through the switch to gmail.

My first blog had a first-name-last-name address. I quickly decided that I would prefer to leave out the last name, but my email address (which you could access on my profile) was still first-name-middle-initial-last-name, so there wasn't' much of a point. But I changed it anyway.

I've read and heard many good things about gmail, but it wasn't until I read this post on Janssen's blog that I finally decided it was time to make the switch. Even though the system is not perfect, it is better than broadcasting my full name to the internet in it's entirety.

So I now have two brand-spankin-new email addresses that deliver to the self-same inbox, and am loving all the fun features.

For those whom I know and love, you can email me at janelle.middleinitial.lastname at gmail.com, and those who I don't know can find my email on my profile (which you can get to by clicking on my picture above).

No comments: