6.29.2009

Odd habit

I have a confession.

I am a closet photoshopper.


{Actually, I use iphoto and/or Photo Studio, but that's not the point.}

The point is that I see pictures on blogs, facebook, myfamily, etc., and have an irresistable urge to mess with them. This is not to say that the pictures are bad, or even NEED fixing, but I like to play with them and make them brighter, more vivid, or just remove that haze that seems to permate much of digital photgraphy.

Sometimes I share my edits with the original owner, but much of the time I do it solely for my own benefit, just to see if I can.

I know, I'm a nerd.

I do it to my own pictures as well, but that doesn't seem as bizarre.

The thing is, I'm not really that skilled using either program, and I'm sure most of you could do a much better job editing pictures. But, somehow, I can't help myself.

Here's a couple of before and afters of my obsession:






{Oops, that one's backwards... it's an after and before picture.}

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Darn, I was hoping to see some of my pictures on there :)

Tom, Pauline, and Jacob said...

I was REALLY surprise to see our Hawaii picture on your blog. You just wanted our to be there with us, huh? he he he, nice picture. I know the picture could have been better before I posted it but I was more excited to change my blog title then worry about edit the photo. Tom messing with the photos too.

Sara said...

You're funny. I for one and grateful for the photoshopping you did of Mason on the horse. :) I have photoshop but have no idea how to use it.