7.06.2009

Depression

Many people in the Pacific Northwest suffer from a weather-related depression known as seasonal affective disorder, or SAD. Basically, they get depressed all winter when we never see the sun, it seems to be constantly raining, and the skies are cloaked in perpetual gray.

I think I have it
.

In reverse.

I love the clouds, I love the rain, and after too much sun, I get grumpy and irritable.

After more than a month of sun and highs in the upper seventies, eighties, and even nineties, I am ecstatic about the clouds and high of 62 today.

Ridiculously excited.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I think I'm right there with you! I really like the rainy weather.

Rachael said...

I loooooove the sun. I've been so happy here in Pullman. Although, last night we had rain and it was very refreshing.

DLHardy said...

I love you Janelle! What a crack up - a true Washingtonian! We're two California girls that know how to adapt to wherever we're planted!

Mary said...

AMEN Sister! :-)

Jennifer said...

I am EXACTLY the same way!