7.09.2009

Graffiti

Last night for Young Women's, we went tagging. We grabbed our spray paint and gloves and went to work on the fences of Kent.Oh wait.

We were cleaning up graffiti, not making it.

We volunteered through the city of Kent to clean up some graffiti around town. They provided "graffiti wipes" and spray paint, and we provided man-power.

Or woman-power as the case may be.

We started at the post office with some stop signs, but we only got one clean--the other two will need replacing. Then we had two sections of fence that needed painting over.
While I can't speak for everyone, I had a great time.

If you or anyone you know need a good service project in the area, I can put you in contact with the right people.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

That's such a cool project! Too bad so much tagging happens. It's sad.

Mary said...

How fun! I see Becca showed up in one picture. Did she DO anything? ;-) LOL! I know she had a headache, so I'm sure that didn't help. She is so funny... When I asked her where y'all went she told me about the post office and then the second place, and then described the third location as, "In the middle of nowhere and right in the middle of everything." I thought that was hilarious! :-)

Sara said...

Great activity!

Jennifer said...

Very cool service project!