9.01.2009

AA

I think I have an addictive personality.

Meaning that I'm one of those people who are easily addicted to things, not that people get addicted to me.

It's probably a good thing that I don't drink, or I would be an alcoholic.

For me, it seems like everything is either all or nothing. If I'm reading novels, I read multiple books a week. When I index, I do batch after batch after batch. When I get into family history, my housework goes to pot. And if I'm eating sugar... well, I think you get the picture.

Luckily, it's not that I have a hard time quitting, it just that I haven't figured out that whole moderation thing.

Going a month without dessert was easier than I would ever had imagined, but now that I am done with that, I find myself right back in my same habits. I tend to graze through the afternoon, and sugar is my favorite. A handful of chocolate chips here, a slice of banana bread there. Unfortunately, it all adds up. Add dessert a couple of times a week and it's not a pretty picture.

So, once again, I have decided that some action is necessary. And so I will be participating in this. You're welcome to join (by tomorrow).

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Tom, Pauline, and Jacob said...

I think I am addicted to you. You are always so funny, especially all your blogging. I'm glad I have I have a way of keeping in touch with your fam. Let me know the next time you have those chocolate chips. I'll come over.