10.13.2009

Babypants

Or, more specifically, Caspar Babypants.

A few weeks ago we went to a concert (if you want to call it that) at our library to see Caspar Babypants. I had no expectations other than that there would be kid music involved.

I was dang impressed.


Chris and the other two guys (Fred and Dan, maybe?) were so cute with the kids, and the kids had a blast dancing, running, crawling and boogieing all over the library.

All the kids but mine, that is. They just sat and watched. I'm not sure why.

(Please forgive the inferior photo quality. I still haven't mastered my phone's camera.)

In their defense, I think they were both feeling a little under the weather, but it still took me by surprise that they did not join in the "rollicking, frolicking, carrot-shaking" that was going on.

But either way, I would highly recommend purchase of the CD if there are children in your life.

Or if you just like kid's music.

~~~

And speaking of baby pants, I don't get why someone thought it would be a good idea to put snaps between the legs on little kid's pants. I mean, I get that it's to facilitate easy diaper changes, but it's easier to just take the pants off.

The snaps almost make sense on overalls, because there's always the chance that a child will be wearing something over the overalls (a sweater or somesuch) that will make total removal difficult, but they never stay snapped on overalls.

And then your kid looks ridiculous tromping around in a bizarre dress-looking thing.

Or crying to you every five minutes to re-snap him.

Until you superglue them.

Yes, I did.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so funny! I can't believe you super glued them. You could have just sewed them :)

Emily said...

AMEN with the snaps! It really is so much easier to just take the pants off. That kid's music sounds fun- Cassie is a big dancer.

chris said...

HEY HEY! thanks for the nice review of the show! (its CASPAR BABYPANTS by the way)...I love that second picture you took and would love to put it up on my pics page on my site with a link back to your blog? can you email me an original of it? (babypants2000@gmail.com) thanks!!
caspar

Grant said...

AHHH! Caspar Babypants is stalking you!

Bravo with the gluing, too bad it sounds more like something Dad or I would do, But then again, you did always have those manly hands ;)

Tom, Pauline, and Jacob said...

Wished we knew the concert. Its would have been fun.

Yeah, about those snaps. I hate them, especially when Jacob moves around. Pants are soooooo much easier to take them on and off.