11.13.2009

oops!

Standing at the post office today, my phone rang, got a text, and then rang again. Being the polite customer that I am, I only checked it the second time it rang to make sure that it wasn't Tom calling with some kind of emergency.

It wasn't.

When I got back to the car, I checked it more carefully. Both calls and the text were from the same number that I didn't recognize, and the text said:

"I want my 20 Back or more bud"

Hello, confusion.

The only thing I could possibly imagine was that a little over a week ago I sold our crib on craigslist for $20, but I was totally upfront in the ad about it having been chewed on, and the guy obviously saw it before he bought it, so I was miffed as to what the problem could be.

I continued to ponder this on the way home wondering what in the world it could mean. When there was no message on my home phone or email, I texted the person back expressing my confusion:

"Who are you, and what are you talking about?"

And he/she replied:

"rong number"

Oh good. I'm not crazy. You are. And I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

mrs. olson said...

That is so funny. Sounds like they might be a drug addicted person. Poor them.

The Strain's said...

LOL niiiice! I still get phone calls for a Jason, and its been 2 years....

Janssen said...

Oh man, texting is enough to convince you that the English-speaking world has disappeared forever.