3.11.2010

A penny saved...

We go through a lot of diapers in this house.

A. LOT.

Despite the fact that I wish Rico were potty-trained, this has not (as yet) become a reality.  And hence, the multitude of diapers. 

Being the frugal, but lazy, person that I am, I buy diapers at Costco.  I'm sure I could get them cheaper with sales and coupons combined somewhere else, but I don't have time to figure all that out.  Plus, dragging 3 kids to an extra store just to buy one thing (even if it is a great! deal!) just doesn't work for me.

But what works even better than getting them from Costco?

Buying them from diapers.com.

Then I don't even have to try and cram them onto my cart with everything else.  They are delivered right to my door (for free, if your order is over $49), and they are competetively priced with Costco's.

That is, if you have a referral code.

Like JANE6319.

For first-time customers, this little code will save you $10.00 off your purchase.  (And, since it's a personal referral code, it will earn me a $5 credit.)  Buy two boxes of diapers (to get you over that $49 threshold) and that will bring the per unit price to below Costco.  (At least on the size 3's, that's the one I did the math on).

And they don't just sell diapers.  They sell pretty much anything you need to equip yourself for a baby.  (And if you find yourself buying non-diaper related items in addition, use code PLUS10PCT for 10% off those additional items.)

And, for even more savings, if you use Ebates, you can earn 1-4% cash back on all your purchases!
(If you're not familiar with Ebates, and shop online a fair bit, click here for a lovely $5 referral bonus for both of us.)

I'll get off my soap box now.  You may return to your everyday lives.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

So I'm thinking about doing this. Did you price the Huggies with the Costco Huggies, or the diapers.com with the Kirkland brand? Also, do you use the diapers.com brand? I'm wondering if you like it.