3.11.2010

Still kicking

I'm not sure where I've been the last several weeks... okay, month.

It's been busy, for sure, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

And since my last post was anything but personal or exciting, I have prepared for you a little snapshot of life at this moment.

I'm on my last week of this, and I'm ready to be done being perfect.  Though I really do want to keep up the habits I've formed.  I haven't been running, though, and I miss it.  I need a partner to motivate me to get out of bed. (Any volunteers?)  Hopefully the warmer weather (that will be arriving any day, right? RIGHT?!?) will help.  And I still read, but only occasionally.  Except the Book of Mormon.  I'm totally plowing through that.  I haven't read it cover to cover in quite a while, and decided it was time again.  It's so good!  If you're not familiar with it, I highly recommend it.  You can get one here for free.  Even hand delivered.  Or just ask, I have a couple extra copies I would be happy to share.

Tom's been filling out applications like a mad man. (If you know anyone with an in to educational administration in the area, feel free to drop names. Tom's, that is.)  And doing homework like a mad man.  And trying to keep up at work.  And spend time with the family.  And still get enough sleep.  (But that never happens.)

Ella's been working on "letters of the week" and loving it.  This week it's H.  For Hotdog. And Holiday. (As in: "It's a jolly holiday with Mary!")  We watch Mary Poppins every other week (they take turns picking out the movie each Friday).  We'll be watching it again tomorrow.  She says she'll pick it every time until she dies.  Which had better not be soon.

Rico is a persistent little man.  He has been since birth, actually.  Sometimes that's a good thing.  But not so much right now.  Right now he likes to yell and scream.  Over and over and over and over and over.  Until Ella goes crazy and starts yelling at him to stop.  And no one can get a word in edge-wise.  So he gets air-lifted to his bed, until he's ready to be quiet.  It's a really fun game.  Or not.

Louie is not talking, despite the fact that I said she was.  I still maintain that she was using "thank you" and "mama" correctly and consistently, but that is no longer the case.  She babbles almost constantly, but it has no discernible meaning to anyone beside herself.  And she isn't walking either.  I'm not worried, but a little surprised.  I'm sure she'll get around to it soon enough.  And heaven help me when she does!

So there you have it.

Until next time.

Which will hopefully not be as long.

But I make no promises.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I would love to run with you. Know anyone that would watch a couple of little boys? I need to get in the exercise mode again. I was thinking of starting simple like going to the mall and walking there... Maybe someday.

Chelsi said...

Your life sounds like my life, with the kids that is. Although, Peyton is starting to want to watch WAY more movies than is good for her. What do you do with your kids to keep them entertained?

Kate said...

Oh I wish I could be your running parter! I need a buddy along with a huge dose of motivation :) hopefully the warm weather will help!

As far as the huge roll of paper, try a party store like Zurchers or a school supply store. I also know the Paper Expo in SLC has it too... but that wouldn't help you much :)