9.20.2010

Comments from the peanut gallery

First, I should thank you all for your kind words.  It's amazing what can happen when you actually shower and do your hair and make-up.  (Or is it make up?)  

I had an appointment today (32 weeks, 5 days) and I'm measuring at 41 weeks.  This is no little belly.  I'm now apparently big enough that the world at large has decided that it's acceptable for random passers-by to comment on my apparently imminent date with the birth center. 

I've had people asking when I was due for several months now (and they always look a me strange when I say November) but now the comments have become "Any day now, huh?" and "Good L**d woman!  You're due in what? two days?"  I responded to that one with a civil "Nope, more like two months," and went on my merry way, leaving him to wonder why in the world I was so huge. 

But really? I don't think the picture I posted does full justice to the huge-ness that is my belly.  Because not only does it stick out there, but it's pretty wide as well.  I mean, I've got two babies in there that were measuring 5+ lbs last week.  That's over 11 lbs of baby, people.  I felt huge with Caroline (pictured here) and she was under 10 lbs.  And it's only going to get bigger. 

But that's a good thing, so I'm not going to complain.  About the size at least. 

The unsolicited comments from complete strangers are another matter.

5 comments:

mrs. olson said...

Oh, you just have to love those comments. Probably we'll do the same thing when we're older. Who knows. You really do look great. I'm so happy for you!!

Alisha said...

You know I feel ya girl. There is a straight on shot of my 36 week pregnant belly on my blog on Aug 3rd, 2008. Check it out if you want to feel better about yourself.

Don't you LOVE what people say?!?!

And WAY TO GO for having such big babies! That ROCKS!

Tiffany D. said...

Regardless, you look great!! And that's awesome your babies are so big!! That's great news! Mine aren't much bigger than that full term! Thanks for the update. Are you still on bed rest?

Valerie said...

Isn't it funny how the comments change? I was always sick of people telling me how small I looked. It just made me more worried. Thank goodness the boys weighed over 6 lb when they were born!

You look great! And a many more weeks to go!! Oh and 5 lb is wonderful at 32 weeks...

michelledudley said...

you've probably heard all the 'twin pregnancy' stories you can handle! just hang in there. you are doing just great. i made it to 39 weeks 2 days - and meaasured 60 weeks! photos of me that last week are in a closed vault! but each weighing over 8 lbs. at birth sure helped with having good babies.
love to your darling family