9.02.2010

Lest we forget

So I'm not good at milestone posts.  I'm much better and random, rambling posts about nothing of import.  But I would feel like a bad mom if I didn't at least mention the fact that my baby girl started kindergarten yesterday. 

She was thrilled, of course.

And likes to show off the gap in her mouth. (She lost her first tooth last week.)


I took her to her classroom and she sat down and got right to work coloring a picture.  She was in her element.


I don't know how they planned it, but she was at a table with two kids from church, so she even felt like she was with friends. (There are 8 kids from our ward in kindergarten at her school, spread between three classes.)

It was odd having her gone all day, but I was busy much of the morning with a doctor's appointment, dropping by the library to pick up Mockingjay (loving it!) and getting gas to miss her too much.  Today the house has been strangely quiet with only two little monkeys. 

She had a great day, and though she did admit that "it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be," she was still excited to go again today, so it can't have been too bad!

I still can't believe I'm old enough to have a kindergartner.

2 comments:

mrs. olson said...

That's so crazy! Noah has one more year of preschool but he's dying to go to kindergarten already.

DLHardy said...

She looks so growed up..... maybe it's the tooth missing.... it's strange that she lost one before Aly did.... has she talked with Aly about that? Aly might do something drastic to try and keep up, that wouldn't be good.... oh the joys!