11.03.2010

Can I just say

that having a cup size in the upper reaches of the alphabet is not all that it's cracked up to be?

I know that some people pay good money for enhancement in this area, but I will never be one of them.  In fact, if it weren't for their very necessary purpose currently, and the knowledge that they will again return to some semblance of normal, I would be very seriously be considering reduction.  Because seriously, I'm up a band size and four, count them, FOUR cup sizes from where I was before I got pregnant, and I'm not a fan!  And I wasn't particularly small to start with.

Have you ever tried to find shirts that fit over that?  Let me tell you, it's not easy.  And if they do, they stop mid-tummy.  Even the long ones.  Okay, maybe not the looong ones, but all the normal longish ones.  And I'm not really into the cropped-top look.  You really don't want to see my tummy these days.  Or any day.  But particularly these days, until my skin decides it no longer needs to accommodate 14 pounds of baby. 

Okay.  I'll be done ranting now.

5 comments:

Ryan and Meagan said...

Oh. my. gosh. agreed!!!! Thankfully after nursing, I dropped the extra pounds and got my old chest back. But, it wasn't a huuuuge difference. I was grateful to ditch the nursing entourage...if you catch my drift.

Good luck girl. I'm sure there are loooots of changes in your life right now! Glad that recovery is going well! :-)

Updates on the boys, please!!

Grant said...

WHAT! NO pictures on this posting!!!!

Yeah, I feel you. I think mine are pushing a B status.

mrs. olson said...

Oh man. I'm sure nursing twins makes them GIANT. It's bad enough with a single baby. I'm so happy for you two!!

Bethany said...

HAHAHAHA! This post cracks me up. Hope you're getting lots of nutritious milk out of those if you have to endure those issues. Saw your husband and kiddos 2 & 3 at Fred Meyer yesterday. Asked your son how he likes his new baby brothers and if they're fun, and he said "They're babies!" He must think I'm crazy for thinking babies can be fun.

crystal b. said...

Oh sister, I feel your pain. My girls got so big I would wear my bra as a hat -- and I have a huge noggin! And that bra/hat -- it did'nt even fit! Waaaay too small. I ended up having to get a breast reduction.

Hope they settle down after your nursing days are over.

Hope your recovery is going well!!!

I'm also interested to know how you are liking your current read.