11.04.2010

I love pancakes

I haven't cooked much in the past, um, three months.  Like I could probably count all the times on one hand.  I've been super blessed by a wonderful husband, awesome mother and mother-in-law, and thoughtful friends, who have kept my family fed.

But I digress.

The point of this post is that yesterday I made pancakes for breakfast, and man, I love me some good pancakes.  So here is the recipe for all of you.  It comes from the "Joy of Cooking" cookbook, and is my absolute favorite pancake recipe.

Mix together:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 (or 2) tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp sugar

In a separate bowl combine:
3 Tbsp melted margarine (or butter)
1-2 eggs (I used to use 1, but I think I like 2 better, it makes them more puffy)
1-1 1/4 cups milk (depending on how thick you like your pancakes)

Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir till fully incorporated.  Cook as usual, and enjoy!

1 comment:

jon said...

great G rated post. I approve