12.01.2010

If I only had a brain!

Once upon a time my dad gave me a new (used) printer.  As in, he bought himself a new one and gave me his old one.  With it, he gave me a new (new) cartridge, as the toner that was in it was having problems.  I promptly switched them out and tried to print something.  (Actually, I lie.  It was not so prompt.  I don't print much around here.)

The first couple of times it worked fine, but pretty soon it was printing like this:


Which is not so helpful.

I tried shaking the cartridge which helped for, like, one print, and then it was worse than ever.

I called Dad up.  It sounded to him like maybe he had packaged up an empty cartridge to send back and mistaken it for a new one.   He said that he would take a look at it and try to refill it from the old one that had issues, but plenty of toner.

I brought it up over Thanksgiving.  He took one look at it and laughed at me.


He was surprised it ever printed anything at all.

When all else fails, read the directions.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you are such a dork!

Sara said...

I have so done that before.