3.29.2011

10 on Tuesday: Round 2

1. Louie is talking so much!  You can tell that she processes everything she sees and hears, but sometimes her brain can't keep up with her mouth, so you end up with sentences that include "an, an, an...an, an, an, an, an..... an, an."  It's pretty much adorable.

2. I really want to join a CSA (this one or this one), but I also have a hard time giving away my hard-earned money (okay, Tom's hard-earned money) now for produce in June. 

3. After a successful experience with these cookies, I've been adding flax seed and brewer's yeast to my green smoothies.  Word to the wise: if you let it sit for a while, the taste mellows to almost nothing.

4. I didn't read Babywise until my fourth pregnancy.  What was I waiting for?  If you haven't read it, and you have (or will have) babies, I recommend it.  It's not perfect, but it is helpful, and my babies were sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, so it worked for me!

5. I'm trying out a new soup recipe tonight, which is big since I don't like many kinds of soup.  I'll let you know if it's a winner.

6. When I did this challenge, I thought the hardest part would be the whole grains, because I so much prefer the white version of everything (flour, bread, rice, pasta, etc.) but I was surprised to find that by the end, I'm just as happy with the brown version.  And maybe even more so, because I know it's better for me

7. It has taken me so long to come up with 10 things that I can already tell you the results of the soup: excellent.  I wouldn't say it was my favorite, but it was good, and healthy to boot.

8. Rico even finished his (mini) bowl and Ella had two!

9. When we first got married, we bought a nice set of KitchenAid cookware.  I love it.  The only problem is that it came with 2 and 3 quart sauce pans and an 8 quart stock pot.  I find that I need something in the middle most of the time (5-6 quarts).  Because I'm spoiled I can't talk myself into buying a cheap one, but because I'm cheap I can't talk myself into buying a nice one.

10.  I got a new calling in church about a month ago.  I am now the Visiting Teaching coordinator.  I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing.  But it's good.   I do miss Young Women, though.

2 comments:

------------------------------- said...

- I would like to join a CSA too, but I am not very adventuristic with my food. You really have to be willing to make things that you have NEVER tried before, like Quinoa. And you have to do it within the week. No putting it off.
- I can't believe it took you so long to read Babywise! I'm glad it worked for you too.
- As a visiting teaching coordinator, I thought you only had to answer the phone, and call the ladies that don't call you at the end of the month. There might be more???

Grant said...

Janelle,

I have to guess that you are "Janelle D" on the competition winners. I am so very proud of you :)

I am in class listening to presentations by fellow students. I happened to be sitting next a young lady who is midway through her first pregnancy. So first I share "Babywise" with her. Then I fall for the cookie link...and of course I had to share that one with her. I am sure she was wondering if this was my common reading material...me....a SINGLE male! Weird. Oh well. I was laughing. I knew milk went with cookies. I just didn't know that they MADE milk...o brother.