4.12.2011

10 on Tuesday: Round 3

1. I didn't blog last week because Tom was on spring break.  And as has been previously documented, I'm horrible about blogging when Tom is home.

2. I had really good intentions of posting, but as you might have noticed, I failed.  And now I don't even remember what I was going to post about.

3. My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison is out today.  I wish I had the disposible income to purchase scads of books, but I will be eagerly awaiting it at the library.

4. This also means that today is the last day of the giveaway.

5. Don't know if I mentioned it, but I did actually win a book!

6. Have you ever tried the needle trick?  Tom thinks it sounds like witchcraft.  I just think it's bizarre.  But how do you know when it's done?  Mine just keeps going and going.  Just now it gave me girl (check), boy (check), girl (check), twin boys (double check), girl, boy, girl, boy, girl, girl, girl, and then Rico came and asked me something so I put it down.  Hello!  That is twelve kids!  That's way more that I have ever even considered having!  And IT didn't stop, I did.

7. I've done it three or four times over the last week or so, and each time it has been the right on the first five with another girl, then boy, but that last one was the longest I've gone (and therefore the most kids).

8. To be completely honest, I don't know how many kids we'll have, but I don't feel like 5 is my number.  (I don't feel like 12 is, either.)  But when I get asked (all the time) (by complete strangers!) if we're done having kids, I don't have the guts to say "probably not."  I can tell the majority of askers expect me to say yes, but I don't think that's God's plan.  And I do think He has a plan.

9. Even when people I know ask, I dither.  I don't know if that's because I'm really not sure (because I'm not), or because I feel like it's expected we're done, or because I feel like it's a personal question to which they don't need to know the answer.

10. I finally got around to watching Food, Inc. Friday night and it was eyeopening.  And disturbing.  If you eat, I'd recommend it.  And I certainly hope you eat.

7 comments:

mrs. olson said...

I'm so curious, what is the needle trick??

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh, I love that question: "So, are you guys done after this?" I feel like asking them about their sex life or if they've ever had a colonoscopy or if I can see their tattoos. :)

Janssen said...

I loved Food Inc. I agree that everyone should watch it!

Bethany said...

Ooh, and have you read "In Defense of Food?" That one is good and less disturbing than Food, Inc. I know how you feel about the "more kids" question. People here assumed that I was done once we had one boy and one girl, and they're not shy with their shock when I tell them we'd like more.

------------------------------- said...

I said, more times than I can count that I was done after one girl & one boy. However, the Lord does have a plan. So, now we have to continue.

Food Inc is scary. It will certainly raise your food costs.

Bethany, I will have to read "In Defense of Food", hadn't heard that one.

Is it rude to comment on someone else's comment while commenting on someone else's blog comments? Sorry Janelle.

And do tell the needle trick.

~Lisa~

Grant said...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1002422695705&set=a.1002421295670.263.1078953625&type=1&theater

yeah, I know it's not supposed to work on guys and they used a pencil instead of a needle, but there you have it, my posterity to be...you should probably be worried ;)

Carol said...

I've never heard of the needle trick, but I empathize with the "are you done?" question. Even though we only have two, people still assume that we are done. But I'm totally comfortable wanting more kids, regardless of what other's think, so I just tell them, "I hope not."