4.26.2011

Success

So I know you all have been biting your nails eagerly awaiting news on whether or not our Easter outfits worked out.

They did.

As I mentioned, Ella's dress was a little big, but with a safety pin and cute cardigan, no one was the wiser.  (If only she would have kept the cardigan on...)  My skirt turned out perfectly, even the invisible zipper (installed using a normal zipper foot, since that's what I had). 

Unfortunately, my photographer wanted to get some close-ups of our faces (not sure why) and by the time those were achieved, the small ones were no longer interested in posing and I was not interested in posing alone, so no picture of me in my skirt. 
(I knelt for this one after several photos standing that I assumed were full-length. They weren't, so this is the best.  As you see, certain people have some trouble holding still.  )

And just for you, my skirt: 
Not half bad for flying by the seat of my pants and making up the patterns.  There are definitely things I would do differently next time, but overall, I love it!

4 comments:

mrs. olson said...

You cute girls!!

Kristy said...

SO gorgeous! Great work, Janelle!

Elisabeth said...

Cute! Great job!

Janssen said...

Love the fabric and the pleats!