8.15.2011

21 Day Challenge: Day 1

So I wasn't going to blog about this, because this really isn't a fashion blog. And because I don't intend to turn it into one. So I might not blog every day of the challenge, but I'm in the mood at the moment. 

Introducing the 21 Day Challenge.

Hosted by Kayla over at Freckles in April, she posts a daily prompt for your attire. You dress, photograph and post. For 21 days. (Hence the title.) You can get more details on her blog.

Shirt: Calvin Klein via Costco
Undershirt: Shade Clothing
Jacket: Gap (via Lisa)
Skirt: Mikarose via Costco
Shoes: Wild Diva via Goodwill
Earrings, necklace and flower: by me, available at my shop
Cute baby: Morty

But now that I'm on here, let me just tell you about those shoes. They are my favorite shoes of all time. My mom and sister and I had a girls night when Sarah was in town, and after dinner we went thrifting. I as was looking for a shelf (found!) and some nude heels (also found!). But while I was scoping out the shoes I saw one red peep toe stiletto with no mate.

And I was in love. Almost in jest I put it on, and it fit perfectly.

I had never owned a pair of stilettos before; all my heels were chunky or wedges. Also, I had only recently gotten over my peep toe/toe cleavage apprehension, and this shoe had both.

But like I said, I was in love.

But there was only one.

(There was also only right shoes of this wonder. So I put them both on.)

I lamented to my sister (who thought I was crazy).  (On the left is her idea of a cute shoe)


I lamented to my mother (who laughed). And then she asked an employee who brought the partner out of who-knows-where. And then she bought them for my birthday.

And I was in heaven.

The end.

6 comments:

sarah said...

LOVE your shoes. found you on Freckles in April

Alisha said...

love

Beth said...

Ha! My first thought when looking at the outfit was, "cute shoes!!!" So, I am glad you elaborated on them.

Jamie said...

Can I just say,"What Beth said"? =) I'm liking the layers, too!

Lisa said...

I love the shoes with that outfit!

Grant said...

If you ever wear the shoes in display #2 I will be unable to talk to you until they have been taken off and thrown into the nearest garbage or burned (to save others from such a disaster on heels).