8.26.2011

21 Day Challenge: Day 12

I was so impressed with myself this morning: I was showered and dressed and out the door by 9:15, including a workout! It helps that I got up before 7. Which was helped by the fact that I was in bed before 11. It's a good thing.

But anyway, here's the outfit of the day: jazz up jeans and a tee. I tried to pick a boring-er t-shirt so that my accessories could have the spotlight.

{Shirt: Shade Clothing, Jeans: St. John's Bay, Shoes: myshoeshoppe.com, Earrings and Necklace: Ike & Co
Flower: Me, Belt: Hand-me-down from my sister-in-law}


And here is another shoe story for you. Unfortunately this one is not nearly as happy as the last one.

Once upon a time I never wore flats. And then I bought a pair of suede quasi-moccasins. I wore them with pants, skirts, anything I wanted. I wore them until they died. And I was very sad.

So I began looking for a replacement; something cute and comfy that would go with anything. And I found these online, and it was shoe-love at first sight. I promptly ordered them and was thrilled when they came. I loved the color, the texture, and the fact that at first glance they looked like flats while they really have a 1 1/2 inch wedge.

But after wearing them maybe four times, they started falling apart.

I emailed the customer service person someone I had ordered through and she offered to refund them in full, though I could keep the shoes.

While I got my money back for them, I still wish they would have lasted longer. They are so bright and cheerful, but go with everything at the same time. I keep trying to wear them, but they're getting really pathetic. So I'm back in the market for some comfy goes-with-anything shoes that don't cost an arm or a leg.

*I may or may not have photoshopped that first picture, because my right hand was making my shirt bulge all funny. 

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Those earrings are to die for. I love bright accessories like that!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Amy said...

You should check out DSW for shoes, they usually have some awesome finds for a reasonable price!

Emily said...

I am loving this! You are so stylish. At first glance I thought you were wearing berkenstocks with socks, and I was like "Oh NO she didn't!" I should have known better. I love the shoes! I hope you find a good replacement.