12.08.2011

Open to Interpretation

Because I am apparently a follower, I'm linking up with Kayla for Open to Interpretation today.



Freckles in April OTI


She, Amy and Erica do this regularly, but opened it up to general participation today, and I jumped on the bandwagon.

Click over to her site to see the inspiration outfit. Here's my take on it.


{Hat: made by me, Sweater: Sonoma hand-me-down, Shirt: Kersh via Costco, Jeans: Gap, Shoes: Lands' End}

A couple thoughts on my take.  A: I should have put on make-up. And a smile. 2: I wish I had red pants. Or pretty much anything other than neutral. Alas, it's jeans or khakis over here. These jeans are the same ones from here. I skinnified them (seen here and here) and recently hemmed them, but I think it's time to give up on them. They are now a full size too big, the knees are too low (since they were so long and must have been owned by someone very tall), and they look awkward. And D: I need to take the sweater in. I love it, but it is baggy! In these pictures I have it clipped behind my back. Time to bust out the sewing machine!

8 comments:

preethi said...

Those shoes are to DIE for - so cute!

preethi
lace, etc.

Faith said...

I love that you added color with the bright shoes! That sweater looks so cozy! :)

Erica said...

I love the blue on blue here. Probably because blue is my favorite color. :) You look fabulous and thanks for participating!

North Meets South

Merrick said...

Love the blue and orange together!

merricksart

Amy @ amy day to day said...

Yes, I love the snazzy orange shoes for a bright pop of color. You look great! Thanks for participating!

Kayla said...

Another vote for the awesomeness of the shoes. You should wear those like every day. Such a great pop of color!

And I can't believe you made your hat. You look great!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Lisa @ Organized Chaos said...

I think you did a great job on your interpretation! :) Your hat is adorable! ~ I love it!
~Lisa @
www.organizedchaos-lisa.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Cute! You look great!