1.30.2012

For lack of a poodle skirt*

Today's prompt was to pick a decade or wear regional attire, without looking costume-y. To be honest, I almost skipped it and went straight to bright colors, but once I put on this skirt, I realized that worn high with a tucked in top, it had a fairly 50s silhouette to it. So that's what I'm calling this.

After taking the above picture, I had to throw on some red lipstick to round out the look.

{eshakti skirt; loft sweater, felted by someone else and chopped by me; shade top, gnw tights via fred meyer, old shoes from who knows where, knotted pearl rope inherited from my grandma, earrings and bow by me (earrings available here)}

*In the interest of full disclosure, I do own a poodle skirt, but I think that would qualify as "costume-y," so it stayed in the box.

13 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the cardi with that necklace. great look.

Courtney
wearingwhatiwant.blogspot.com

14 Shades of Grey said...

That necklace is seriously gorgeous! I love the skirt too.

Faith said...

Very cute, I love that skirt! The color combo is really great too.

mrs. olson said...

Cutest outfit yet!

Kayla @ Freckles in April said...

Ok so this is my fav outfit of yours ever. Flatters your shape, gorgeous colors, great details. Everything is perfect. Love it!!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Rebekah Markewich said...

Cute!

alishka babushka said...

super cute! I am loving this outfit on you. Love the red lips.

Kelly Jo said...

So glad you didn't skip over today because I LOVE this outfit! That skirt is so pretty!
Great touch with the necklace too!

Rebecca from See Me Rwar said...

I love that full red skirt! What a cute look!

See Me Rwar

Kati said...

That red skirt is awesome, you look so cute!

Roxy said...

Way to rock the crimson lips!

I heart your necklace.

You do NOT look like a mother of five! Mother of 2.5, maybe but definitely not 5. You look marvelous. :)

Roxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul

preethi said...

That red skirt is so pretty!

preethi
lace, etc.

Janssen said...

This is such a great outfit on you. Every part of it works perfectly!