1.27.2012

Mixing patterns

Pattern mixing is not my favorite. While I love seeing other people do it, my closet is almost entirely composed of solids. Which means I don't have many choices of what to mix. I think I have four? five? patterned shirts, one pair of faintly striped pants and three patterned skirts, but none of them pair very well. Last time I copped out with stripes and a lightly patterned scarf. I liked the look, but didn't really feel like I was mixing patterns. I wanted to do a better job this time, besides the fact that I already wore my striped shirt this week.

I know the button-up doesn't look patterned in the above picture, but I swear it is.



{St. John's Bay jeans, old Docker's button up, Old Navy top, necklace from who knows where, Doc Martens loafers}

10 comments:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

well done! It's always nice to branch out!

Erica said...

I love your pattern mixing! It's very subtle but adds a lot of spice to the outfit without being over the top.

North Meets South

Brinestone said...

This works very well. I can see myself wearing it. :)

Rebecca from See Me Rwar said...

Cute mix of patterns and colors! Great job!

See Me Rwar

Courtney said...

Your patterns work well together. I wish I had that sweater in my closet.

Courtney
wearingwhatiwant.blogspot.com

Rebekah Markewich said...

That looks great together.

Kayla said...

You did it! And those colors go so well together. Love it.

Kayla
Freckles in April

preethi said...

I really like how those colors go together. So cute!

preethi
lace, etc.

Faith said...

Nice, the pinks look great together!

Kayla said...

Cute outfit! I'm hosting an ABC's of Style challenge and would love you to link up whenever you can! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/